로그인 회원가입

로그인

아이디
비밀번호
ID/PW 찾기
아직 회원이 아니신가요? 회원가입 하기

한스 헤르만 호페 "민주주의는 실패한 신인가" 인용

리반

The last example is something that I have dealt with extensively in my book.

마지막 예시는 제가 이미 제 책에서 광범위하게 다룬 적이 있는 것인데요.

"the God that failed” Where I make an attempt to rehabilitate traditional monarchies as compared with democracies, not so much in order to show that is the non plus, non plus ultra but to show that monarchies are relatively superior over democracy.

"민주주의는 실패한 신인가"에서 말이죠. 그 책에서 저는 민주주의와 전통적인 군주제를 비교함을 통해서 군주제의 명예를 회복시키려고 시도했습니다. 군주제가 최고의 정치체제라고 주장했던 건 결코 아닙니다. 단지 군주제의 문제점들에도 불구하고, 그것이 민주주의보다는 상대적으로 우월하다는 것이죠.

traditional monarchies, Again if you look at history. what we see is there is of course, the time when monarchies were basically abolished or became merely ceremonial institutions that is after World war two and compare that with a time when traditional monarchies were so to speak the dominant form of government. that is before the outbreak of world war one and even more so of course before the outbreak of the French Revolution.

다시 말해 이 주제에 대해 말하고자 하는 것은 말이죠. 세계대전 이후의 민주정 체제, 즉 군주제가 폐지되거나 입헌군주제로 완전히 전환되어 단순히 상징적인 기관으로 전락한 이후와, 그 이전의 전통적인 군주제, 소위 말해 전근대 이전의 지배적인 정부형태였던 전제군주정을 비교하는 것입니다. 시기적으로 1차대전 발발 이전, 더 나아가 프랑스혁명 이전의 체제를 말하는 것이죠.

the facts are clear the Democratic world that we have now 20 series of course wealthier then the monarchical world of the 19th and 18th century. the question however is that because of democracy or is it in spite of democracy and you know the standard line that we hear of course is it is because of democracy. because democracy is of course the greatest of all inventions.

20세기 이후의 세계가 19세기 및 18세기의 군주정 세계보다 부유하다는 사실은 명백합니다. 그러나 문제점은 민주주의 도래 이후 이런 부유함이 민주주의 때문인가, 혹은 민주주의에도 불구하고 그런 것인가를 따지는 것 입니다. 우리가 알고 있는 상식은 민주주의 덕이라고 말합니다. 왜냐하면 민주주의는 모든 발명품들 중에서도 가장 위대한 것이기 때문이죠.

interestingly by the way this is a very new phenomenon that people believe in this nonsense. if you go back in all of political theory or you don’t find a single major thinker who had ever thought more about democracy, than democracy being some sort of moderate communism. so, this was always considered to be the most lousy of our political organizations. it could possibly only work in very small places. even or also the most fanatic advocate of democracy thought that could only work in small places because in small places everybody would control all the other people and so to end and the instinct of people to loot the property of people who have more than themselves could be curtailed by this direct social control but this curtailing of course never works.

그런데 흥미로운 점은, 이런 현상은 사실과 완전히 대치되는 말도 안되는 헛소리에다, 심지어 새로이 등장한 거라는 점 입니다. 만약 당신이 모든 정치적 이론들을 한번 살펴본다면, 그 어떤 사상가도 민주주의를 온건한 중도적 공산주의 이상의 무언가로 간주하지 않았음을 알 수 있을 것 입니다. 그래서 민주주의는 항상 여러 정치적 체제 중 에서도 가장 형편없는 것으로 여겨지곤 했었죠. 아마도 아주 작은 집단에서만 작동할 수 있을거라 생각했을 뿐 입니다. 심지어 민주주의의 열렬한 지지자들도 이렇게 생각 했었는데요. 모든 사람들이 다른 모든 사람들을 통제할 권리를 가지고, 결국에 자신보다 더 많은 재산을 가진 사람들의 것을 빼앗고 싶어하는 인간의 본능 때문에, 만인에 대한 만인의 재산약탈이 이루어지게 되기 때문이죠. 이는사회적 통제를 통해 어느정도 억제를 시도할 순 있겠지만 허사일 뿐 입니다.

if you have millions and millions of people making up the society so even the most dramatic advocate of democracy jean-jacques Rousseau would consider what we have now in terms of democracy as idiotic can be. so, now only one argument to show you how wrong this interpretation is that the transition from monarchical governments to democratic governments is responsible for the increase in wealth.

만약 사회구성원이 수백만 명에 이른다면, 민주주의의 가장 열렬한 지지자인 장-자크 루소 마저 그 사회에 민주주의를 적용하는 걸 어리석은 것으로 간주할 것 입니다. 이제, 군주정에서 민주정으로의 이행이 부의 증대에 책임이 있다는 해석이 얼마나 잘못되었는 지 보여주는 것만 남았군요.

my scissors is if we would have retained traditional monarchies we would be infinitely richer now than we actually are why is that from an economic point of view as a transition from traditional monarchs to democratic rulers is nothing else but the transition from somebody who regards the country as his own property to somebody who regards the country as something of which. he is the temporary caretaker. he is not the owner. he just takes care of it for a certain period of time. and now look at what the difference is between somebody who owns something and somebody who owns something and somebody who is a temporary caretaker of something. just take the example of a house in one case, I make you the owner of a house. so, you can pass it on to the next generation. you can sell it in the market anytime you want, and in the other case, I make you a temporary caretaker of the house you cannot determine who will be the next caretaker and you are not entitled to sell the house in the market and retain the income that you receive from the house yourself.

제가 말하고자 하는 것은 만약 우리가 전통적인 군주제를 유지했다면 우리는 지금 우리가 실제로 가지고 있는 것 보다 훨씬 더 부유할 것이라는 점 입니다. 사실 전통적 군주제에서 민주주의로의 이행은, 경제적 관점에서 볼 때는 전혀 가져온 효과가 없으며, 대신 나라를 국가를 그저 자신의 사유물로 생각하는 사람으로부터, 국가에 그 것 말고 다른 가치를 부여하는 사람에게 그 소유권을 이전한 것에 불과합니다. 민주정의 통치자는 그저 임시 관리인 입니다. 주인이 아닙니다. 단지 주어진 일정 기간 동안만 국가를 돌봅니다. 그럼 한번 어떤 것을 소유한 사람과, 소유하지 않은 사람이, 그것을 다룸에 있어서 어떤 차이가 있는지 한번 알아봅시다. '집'을 통해서 예를 들어 봅시다. 당신이 집의 소유자라고 칩시다. 그래서 당신은 그 집을 자식에게 물려줄 수 있습니다. 또는 당신이 원한다면 언제든지 시장에서 팔 수 있습니다. 그러나 만약 당신이 그저 임시 관리인에 불과하고, 당신 후임이 누군지도 결정할 수 없을 수도 있습니다. 그 경우 당신은 시장에서 집을 팔 권리가 없으며, 그 집을 이용해서 벌 수 있는 수익을 온전히 가질 자격도 없습니다.

now will that make a difference in terms of how you treat the house or in the example of Kings and Democratic politicians. how you treat the country and the answer is of course that makes a difference as day and life day and night in one case, as an owner you are concerned on the one hand.

이 예시는 국가를 다룸에 있어서 왕과 민주적으로 선출된 정치인 사이의 차이점을 잘 보여줍니다. 집을 관리하던, 국가를 관리하던, 당신이 소유주로 관여하고 있는지, 아니면 관리인으로 그러고 있는 지에 따라 마치 밤과 낮처럼 뚜렷한 차이가 있다는 것 입니다.

yes of course, I want to get higher rental income out of it. but my second concern is always what wall as a result of getting rental income out of the house occur to the value of the stock of the house because I could sell it at anytime in the market. you would want you, would not want to engage in capital consumption for instance. you would not want to increase your rental income at the expense of the moors and proportional dropping the value of the house.

집주인으로서 나는 더 높은 임대 수입을 추구합니다. 그러나 두번째 관심사는, 집의 임대 수입을 얻는 결과로 집의 가치가 어떻게 변동하는 가에 관한 것 입니다. 예컨대 당신은 자본소비를 원하진 않을 것인데, 즉 당신은 왠만해선 주택의 가치를 떨어트리면서 임대 수입을 얻으려곤 하진 않을 것입니다.(감가상각)

you also are by and large interested in passing on to the next generation something that has at least retained their value is possibly even more valuable than you. when you inherited it. this is what most parents do? what do temporary caretakers do? temporary caretakers don’t own the capital stock their interest is I have to draw as much of current income out of this piece of capital.

당신은 또한 당신보다 집을 훨씬 더 가치있게 만들 수 있을지도 모르는, 당신의 자식들에게 집을 물려주는 것에 큰 관심을 가질 것 입니다. 이게 대부분의 부모들이 가지고 있는 생각입니다. 그러나 임시 관리인들은 어떻게 할까요? 소유주가 아니기 때문에 임시 관리인들은 자본가치에 대해 생각하지 않습니다. 그들은 그 자본에서 현재 얻을 수 있는 수입의 최대치를 끌어내야만 합니다.

Regardless of what will happened to the value of capital stock, even if the house afterwards is a ruin but I have drawn a tremendous outcome. if you income out of it then from my point of you. this is of course, a great advantage, I must loot the country as fast as possible because what I don’t loot now I will not be able to loot in the future.

자본가치에 무슨 일이 일어나던, 비록 집이 곧 파멸에 이를 정도로 망가질지라도, 임시 관리인으로서의 나의 목적은 오직 지금 당장 얻을 수 있는 최대한의, 극상의 결과만을 이끌어내는 것 뿐입니다. 당신이 제 이런 관점을 실제로 행한다면 물론 엄청난 이득을 볼 뿐 입니다. 민주국가의 사례를 봅시다. 민주주의 국가의 수반으로서 나는 나라를 최대한 약탈해내야만 합니다. 왜냐하면 지금 그렇게 하지 않는다면, 곧 임기가 끝나기 때문에 미래에는 약탈할 수 없기 때문입니다.

the king does not have an attitude. I must loot the country as fast as possible because if I don’t loot it as fast as possible I will not be able to do it in the future as matter of fact. if he doesn’t loot it as much the value of this country will be higher and his heirs will get something better. just look for instance at the attitude that kings had these are the debt that they incurred. the attitude that democratically elected hair takers have towards debt that they incur.

하지만 왕은 이런 태도를 취하지 않습니다. 민주적으로 선출된 정치인이 미래가치를 고려하지 않고 가능한 빨리 나라로 부터 많은 것을 뽑아내야 하는 것과 달리, 국가를 영구적으로 소유하는 왕은, 지금 당장 국가의 미래에 악영향을 끼칠 정도로 수익을 뽑아내지 않을 경우, 그 나라는 미래에 더 높은 가치를 가질 수 있을 것이고, 그의 자식들은 더 나은 국가를 물려받을 수 있을 것 입니다. 한번 왕과 민주적으로 선출된 정치인들이 빚을 지었을 경우 어떤 태도를 취하는지를 한번 비교해봅시다.

Kings were by and large held responsible for the debt. even their heirs were not in all cases but in many cases consider to be liable for the debt incurred by as if by their parents they had mortgaged some of the property and people were standing there to take it away from them. if they wouldn’t pay up the debt that did not prevent them to increase their debt. especially, during wartime but during peacetime they usually do down their debt. if you look at Democratic politicians.

국가의 소유주로서 왕은 국가가 진 빚에 대해 대체로 책임을 지고 있습니다. 모든 경우에 있어서는 아니겠지만 심지어 상속자들조차 대개 그들 부모가 저당잡힌 빚에 대해 책임을 지는 것으로 간주 되고, 빚쟁이들은 그 빚을 상속자들에게서 받아내려고 합니다. 반면에, 민주적으로 선출된 정치인들을 봅시다.

the depth total debt goes up in what time and in peacetime. they are not personally liable for it. there are always some suckers in the future that are liable for it. you would be literally stupid. if you don’t go continuously into debt as our politicians of course all do because the money that you take in you can give out. you make plenty of friends and in the long run we are all dead who cares what happens in the future. so, Democratic politicians are short-run people they are like little children as I explained in my lecture about time preference. I have to have the fun right now whereas Kings tend to be behaving more like adults do that there are sometimes exceptions I will not deny.

민주국가의 총부채는 평시에라도 언제나 꾸준히 증가하는 경향을 보입니다. 민주주의 하에 정치인들은 그 빚에 대한 개인적 채임을 전혀 지지 않습니다. 미래에 그것을 감당해야 할 몇몇 멍청이들이 있을 뿐 입니다. 만약 당신이 정치인이 됬는데도, 지금 우리 정치인들이 하는 것처럼 국가의 빚을 늘리고 그걸 자기 임기중에 마음 껏 사용하고, 지지율을 끌어올리는 짓을 하지 않는다면, 말 그대로 당신은 똥멍청이 그 자체 일 겁니다. 당신은 임기 중에 생긴 빚에 대한 책임을 임기가 끝난 후에는 지지 않습니다. 장기적으로 봤을 때 우리는 모두 죽습니다. 미래에 무슨 일이 일어날지 걱정하는 것은 죽은 자들의 역할이 아닙니다.(유명한 개입주의 경제학자 케인스가 한 말을 비꼬는 것) 그러니까, 민주적으로 선출된 정치인들은, 제가 시간 선호에 관한 강의에서 설명했듯이, 지금 당장 재미를 느끼지 못하면 참지 못하는 어린 아이들과 같은 존재입니다. 반면 왕들은 종종 예외가 있긴 할테지만, 보통 인내심 많은 어른들처럼 행동하는 경향을 보입니다.

but there is a fundamental structural difference if he would have never introduced democracy but would have stayed and kept traditional monarchies with strong powers of the monarch our standards of living would be infinitely higher than they currently are to this result. you can also only come if you use economics theory and a historian would never come up with this idea and historian just simply looks at sure 19th century poor 20th century rich, 20th century democracy, 19th century monarchy, accordingly, monarchy crap democracy great that’s it. that’s how historians operate and I’m telling you for somebody interested in economics theory. History is a minefield of ridiculous interpretations over and over and over. they report the facts right but the interpretations that they give is sometimes you roll in bed and can’t stop laughs. okay thank you very much!

민주주의와 군주제 사이의 근본적인 구조적 차이 때문에, 만약 우리가 민주주의를 도입하지 않고 국가의 소유주인 군주에게 강력한 힘을 부여하는 전통적 군주제를 유지했었더라면, 우리의 생활수준은 현재보다 훨씬 더 높아졌을 것 입니다. 이는 경제학적으로 지극히 당연한 유추입니다. 그러나 역사학자들은 경제학을 고려하지 않습니다. 그들은 정말 단순하게 이렇게 생각합니다. "19세기는 가난한데, 20세기는 부유하네. 20세기는 민주주의의 시대인데, 19세기는 군주제의 시대구나. 그러면 군주제는 쓰레기고, 민주주의는 위대하군." 이게 역사학자들의 방식입니다. 반면 저는 경제학에 관심있는 여러분들에게 경제학적인 분석을 보여준 것 입니다. 역사는 어처구니 없는 해석을 거듭하는 지뢰밭과 같습니다. 역사는 대개 있었던 사실 그 자체는 올바르게 보도하지만, 그 해석은 종종 당신이 이불킥을 하며 웃음을 멈출 수 없을 정도로 멍청하곤 합니다. 감사합니다.

댓글
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 공지 정보게시판 이용에 관한 필수 안내 21.01.01 1278 3
29 🗽정치 최근 영국인들이 영국 왕실에 대해 가지고 있는 여론 21.11.12 253 2
28 ⚔️군사 滿州에서의 日本의 鐵道戰略 (3) 21.11.10 229 8
27 📝역사 17세기 조선과 일본의 은 생산량 단순 비교에 관한 짧은 글 (3) 21.11.10 328 5
26 🖥️IT 자격증 꿀팁!(우왕좌왕 적어놓음) (1) 21.11.09 110 5
25 🗽정치 민주당계 정당의 간략한 역사 (1) 21.11.09 103 4
24 🗽정치 이명박~박근혜 정권 시기 정치의 대략적인 흐름 (2) 21.11.08 123 6
23 📝역사 폐번치현에 반발이 적었던 이유 (1) 21.11.05 313 4
22 📝역사 난학에 관한 짧은 글 (2) 21.11.04 149 2
21 📝역사 사쓰마 번의 흥기에 대한 글 21.11.03 308 2
20 📝역사 대마도주가 한반도 왕조에게 받은 관직과 그 이유 21.11.03 179 4
19 📝역사 동아시아 세계에 대한 담론(feat.만들어진 고대) (2) 21.11.01 151 7
18 🎨예술 인류 역사상 가장 많이 팔린 음반은? 21.10.30 178 1
🗽정치 한스 헤르만 호페 "민주주의는 실패한 신인가" 인용 (1) 21.10.30 218 5
16 🖥️IT 윈도우 11에 딱 맞는 추천 프로그램 모음! 21.10.23 3278 2
15 🖥️IT 윈도우 11에 관한 7가지 Qna 21.10.16 160 1
14 🖥️IT 내 컴도 윈도우 11을 깔 수 있을까? 21.10.09 2265 3
13 🖥️IT 새로 나온 윈도우 11의 변경점! 21.10.09 446 1
12 🗽정치 중국은 패권을 잡을 수 있을까? #1편 미국의 경제적 위상 (2) 21.10.09 169 1
11 📝역사 논문요약) 고대 중국의 “제국”적 특성 - 이념적 측면에서의 고찰 21.09.25 158 6
10 🗽정치 중국몽(中國夢) 사상과 국제정세 변화 - ‘신고전적 현실주의’, ‘구조적 자유주의’를 중심으로 -   (2) 21.09.25 184 6

로그인

아이디
비밀번호
ID/PW 찾기
아직 회원이 아니신가요? 회원가입 하기